EXECUTIVE SUMMARY - THE 2016 MARATHON EXPO
The Standard Chartered Marathon Exposition takes place on Sunday 30th October at the Nyayo National Stadium, from 6.30 am to 2.00 pm.
In 2016 The Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon Secretariat is looking to position your company in a prime location in which to display and promote your products and services to an audience of over 30,000 people.
Our aim is to give exhibitors real value for money.
All proceeds from the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon Expo go to ‘Seeing is Believing’ – Standard Chartered Bank’s initiative to alleviate avoidable blindness.
RULES AND REGULATIONS.
The booking fee per Expo stand is Ksh.80,000 + 16%VAT.
Cheques should be made payable to Standard Chartered Marathon Account by Wednesday 31st August 2016.
Tents and Power
All Expo exhibitors will be provided with a 3 metre by 3 metre tent and single phase, 13A, 240 volt power point. One table and two chairs will also be provided.
Floors are the responsibility of the exhibitor. The tents stand on flat ground and the existing surface is either tarmac or grass (dependent on exhibitors’ the choice of location).
Décor and display items
Display materials and decoration to be supplied by the exhibitor.
All Exhibitor Branding must be contained within the designated stand space.
Branding on the exterior of the tents is restricted to the fascia only.
Survey of Stands
Potential exhibitors are welcome to survey the stand spaces prior to booking. Appointments can be made through The Marathon Secretariat. Contacts as indicated below.
1. Bookings of Stands open at 9.00 am on Monday 4th July and close at 5.00 pm on Wednesday 31 August 2016.
2. Priority for space will be given to Official Sponsors of the Marathon. Thereafter Space is allocated on a first come first serve basis as decided by the organisers.
Approval of Bookings
Eligible bookings will be approved subject to availability of space and on payment of the stand fee and receipt by the Marathon Secretariat of a duly completed booking form. Both elements must be present to qualify for first-come, first-served rights.
1. Cancellations made on or before the 5th September 2016 will forfeit 50% of the booking fee.
2. Cancellations made on or after the 6th September 2016 will forfeit all fees.
3. All cancellations must be in writing and addressed to the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon Secretariat.
Exhibition tents will be available from 10.00 am Friday 28th October 2016. Exhibitors can begin decorating and set up their displays from that time on that date. Exhibitors can use the central stores to store their goods any time from 9.00 am on Tuesday 26th October 2016
All tents will be removed from the Expo area on Monday 31st October 2016. Exhibitors can either remove their goods on Sunday afternoon (after 2.00 pm). Goods can be stored in the central stores until 4 pm on Monday 31st October.
1. All exhibitors will conduct themselves and their exhibits with due regard to human safety, good taste, and respect for property and venue.
2. By signing the booking and indemnity forms, each exhibitor undertakes to abide by the rules and regulations and obey the directions of authorised officials.
3. Any query or complaint should be addressed to the organisers.
Food and Beverage
Sale of food and beverage is the reserve of the F&B supplier for the marathon and is not permitted from the Expo Trade stands.
Exhibitor passes as follows will be issued on or before Friday 28th October 2016
1. Two car park passes, admitting entrance to Essential Services Area
2. Six Exhibitors passes, admitting entry to Essential Services Area
Extra passes will be given if necessary at the discretion of the organisers
Note: No vehicles will be allowed to park within the Stadium grounds on the day of, or the week preceding, the Marathon without the relevant car passes.
All visitors to the Marathon on Race day may enter free of charge. Exhibitors can invite as many guests as they please to visit their stand.
The organisers will provide 24 hr general security within the stadium from build-up to break-down (24th October - 31st Octobers 2016).
Additional Security, dedicated to an exhibitor stand can be booked through the official security provider by completing the relevant boxes on the booking form.
The costs for an extra guard is KSh. 3,000 + 16%VAT per 12 hour shift
Ambulances and medical personnel will be on duty throughout the Marathon on Sunday 30th Oct 2016.
The organisers will have a fire engine strategically placed in the Marathon Village area at Nyayo Stadium. However exhibitors are encouraged to make arrangements for their own exhibitor stands.
The venue and organisers are insured to the extent of their legal liability. Exhibitors are advised to make their own insurance arrangements with regard to their own personnel and property.
The Marathon Secretariat
Standard Chartered Bank, Level 6
Standard Chartered@Chiromo Office
48 Westlands Road
P.O.Box 30003 - 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: + 254 20 3293811
Fax: + 254 20 20318650